Have your say on Amble’s car parking review
Northumberland County Council has been working with the Town Council and the Business Club on parking in the town.
In February 2013 a ‘1 hour limited waiting’ restriction was introduced on Queen Street and feedback has been mostly positive.
Discussions have continued and other areas have been identified where the level of parking raises road safety concerns.
Therefore it is proposed to introduce amendments to the existing restrictions which are summarised below.
• Protecting the junctions where visibility is an issue:-
Gibson St, Albert St, Church St, Middleton St, High St, Percy St, Dilston Terr, Turner St, Coquet St, Leslie Dr, John St, Newburgh St, Ladbroke St, Marine Rd., and Ivy St.
• Proposed ‘No Waiting Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm’ on Church Street.
• Proposed ‘No Waiting Every Day 9am-6pm’ on Leazes Street.
• Proposed ‘Loading bays’ and ‘Disabled Bays’ on Queen Street.
• Proposed Removal of Restriction on High Street (already consulted and approved).
Comments are invited on the consultation which will end on Wed 8th January 2014.