Activities for International Women’s Day
Spring Celebrations for International Women’s Day
9th – 10th March 2013
Fourth Action/ Northumberland Women’s Network will be running a weekend of activity to celebrate International Women’s day and the launch of the Women’s Enterprise hub at the iconic Women’s Workshop self build in Amble.
Saturday 9th March
- Basket making and withy hurdles with Ruth Thompson. Making small baskets and garden structures from willow withies that we can use on our garden site in Amble or take home. 10am – 2pm
- Wild Women – with Angela Noble. Little colourful figures representing the wild woman in us. Working with a variety of textiles to create little dolls to take home or leave as part of a picture. These can be pinned on to a background to populate a wall hanging or taken away to wear as a brooch or bag charm. A drop in activity 2-4pm at Brambles Nursery
- Information on the Walter Segal self build process with Mary Kelly (architect)and a chance to meet some of the team of volunteers and do some ‘hands on’ activity helping to design and build some entrance steps 12-2pm
Sunday 10th March
- Book Making Workshop with Anna Corbett. Find out how to make books using simple techniques of folding and cutting, sewing and sticking. Sounds easy? Well it is! Bring a pair of scissors, a few sheets of paper of your choice or we will supply blank paper and you will be able to make a book. 11-1pm.
- Working with herbs with Sharon Williams to benefit health and a chance to shape the herb garden at the Women Workshop site. 2-4pm
- Working on the garden area to develop raised beds 10-4pm
- Enterprising Women: meeting to discuss your enterprising ideas and discuss what support is available to make your business a success. Sunday 4-6pm
Crèche services available at nearby Brambles nursery and we can provide support with transport.
To register your interest contact: