Bonfire safety message winners
Children from St Cuthbert’s RC First School were awarded prizes for the best Safety on Bonfire Night posters. CSO Darin Fawcett, showed the youngsters in all Amble’s first Schools a video highlighting how important it is to take care around fireworks and bonfires.
The video depicted local girl India Redhead, who was hit in the eye by a stray firework two years ago. She is still undergoing treatment to help her retain her sight.
Ellah Handyside and Chloe Gerrard each won a family ticket to the Round Table’s firework display in Alnwick.
Amble Co-op Funeralcare also presented all of Amble’s First School children with a reflective badge to wear to help them stay safe while they are out and about near traffic during the dark winter months.
Darin Fawcett said “I’d like to thank Nick Lewis of Alnwick and District Round Table who donated eight family passes to the Firework Display. Also Louise Stott and Judith Coulter of Funeralcare who donated the badges.”