Terry steps down from Development Trust

Posted on 05th February 2019 | in Community

Chairman of Amble Development Trust, Terry Broughton has announced his retirement after 25 years at the helm.
Terry said, “When the Development Trust was set up 25 years ago, Alnwick District Council spent 60% of its budget in Alnwick alone. The remaining 40% was shared among the other communities. The Amble community felt it was time for change, which is why the Development Trust was set up.

Terry Broughton

“I’m very proud of what we have achieved in those intervening years. The pier was one of the first projects the Development Trust and its partners carried out, and I still get great pleasure from visiting it – even though now I’m on my scooter!”
Director of Amble Development Trust Julia Aston said: “We all wish Terry a very happy retirement and thank him and Val for all their support, guidance and friendship.”

Andy Sim will now take over as the new chair. Andy said “When I joined the board as a trustee, in I think it was 2003, there was a real buzz around, so many projects were ongoing. During this I often worked with Terry and found his wealth of knowledge of great help. I was sorry when Terry stood down, but I understood why, and can only wish him well in the future.

“I have a grave concern about the amount of housing development and the lack of infrastructure; I think we should, with our partners be looking to improve this. We will see what happens.”

Share this...
Share on facebook
Share on twitter