Hauxley Parish Council #141
• The Council have agreed to place an automated speed sign in High Hauxley and this should be in place soon
• Councillor Andy Brown has recently stepped down from his role. The Parish Council would like to thank him for his service and wish him all the best.
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Are you interested in making a difference by working for your local community?
Notice is hereby given that a Parish Councillor vacancy has occurred among the members of Hauxley Parish Council. We are looking to co-opt someone to take on this role. This is a voluntary unpaid role, and to serve as a Parish Councillor you must:
• be at least 18 years old
• be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union
• meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
1) Your name must appear on the register of local government electors for the parish/community at the time of your nomination and throughout your term of office should you be elected.
2) You have occupied any land or other premises as owner or tenant in the parish/community during 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
3) Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish/community area. You do not have to have paid employment to qualify, as long as your main or only place of work is in the parish/community area
4) You have lived in the parish/community area or within three miles of it during 12 months before the day of your application
You cannot stand for election if you:
• are the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order
• have, within five years before the day of the election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine
• work for the council you want to become a councillor for or debarred from Standing as a Councillor.
Any person willing to fill this vacancy should apply by forwarding their CV with a covering letter explaining why they would like to be a Councillor to the Parish Clerk by 30th July. If you would like further information please email the Clerk. Contact details below.
Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Hauxley Parish Council